Dec 29, 2009

Thanksgiving has come and gone, but I have two things to be thankful for, besides Faithful Spouse and good health, of course!

These things be:

  1. Kitty Litter (no we do not have cats, for that I'm thankful for also!).
  2. Frozen ground (sorry farmers!).
Why? I finally got the G4U truck out of the mud out back store. Faith and patience pay off. Also W.L. Bateman's quote comes to mind, "If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got." This metaphor I like much better!

As Ginger Rogers sang:

"It's a brave new day, be thankful you get to start all over again.
Nothing's impossible, I have found.
For when my chin is on the ground,
I pick myself up, dust myself off,
Start all over again."

"Pick Yourself Up" music by Jerome Kern and lyrics by Dorothy Fields. Film, "Swing Time" 1936. RKO Radio Pictures.
In my case not dust but mud, nothing but mud...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More